by Carol Morrison
Photos of my basement …..a special resting place for my girl friends and me. - Carol Morrison
Carol, you've done a lovely job of creating a cozy nook:
- The tan walls and floor provide a soothing neutral backdrop for your sofa and pillows.
- You've added contrast with the dark sofa, the white throw, door and window.
- You've mixed textures beautifully. The layered rug on the floor, the fuzzy throw, the shiny sliver lamp.
- You've controlled your color scheme and created a fresh, garden feel.
- You've created lovely displays on the two tables and china closet, and varied your heights: tall, medium and short.
- You've done a tasteful job of mixing patterns.
- You've added life with greenery.
- Congratulations, it's beautiful!
Thank you, Carol, for sharing your success.
Alex Hinst is the author of Home Decorating and Staging and owner of Alex Hinst Designs, located in Denver's Historic Highlands.
Alex Hinst Designs has hundreds of success stories in both private and investor home renovations and is dedicated to helping you create your perfect home.