Home Decorating and Staging
Insider Secrets to a Beautiful Home
Inexpensive Bathroom Decorating Ideas
and Tricks with Towels
Inexpensive bathroom decorating ideas can make a big difference when selling your home. New
towels, in current fashion colors, are a must. They cost as little as $5 a piece
(Target, Wal-Mart, Ross, TJ Maxx), and are a smart investment.
If you want to sell your home for top dollar, always remember that
staging is not
decorating, it's marketing. Your goal is to show the buyer that your
home is the perfect home for them. Try some of these easy ideas to show off
the best attributes of your bathroom.
Bath Towel Wrapped with a Hand Towel
- Walls were painted a neutral
- The painting sets the color scheme and is hung above a towel rack in the most visible spot. The reflection in the
is a bonus.
- Large red vase holds a long stem of ginger to add drama and draw attention to the vaulted ceiling.
- A sprig of ivy wrapped around a pretty candle shows off the left side of the large vanity.
- Lush black velour towel is wrapped with a
different textured red velour hand towel. Neatly fold the hand towel,
wrap it around the middle of the bath towel and secure it in back with
some large safety pins.
- Notice the hand towel on the ring behind the ginger? Ideally, I would have removed the towel ring. Too cluttered. But seller was elderly and couldn't do it, so we just put a small red hand towel on it. Black towel might have looked better.
Towels with Tassels
- Walls were painted a neutral beige.
sets the color scheme: soft reds, golds and brown. Pictures are hung
over the towel bars and are most visible on entry. Mirror reflects
second piece of art and the other set of towels.
- Shower curtain, small floral on the vanity, and towels coordinate with art.
- Smaller hand towel (gold) is neatly folded in thirds and layered over darker towel (red).
large, chunky, rich looking tassel in deep red and brown is neatly
draped over the towels and secured in the back with a safety pin.
Large Bathtub "Dressed-Up"
- Even the most elegant jacuzzi will look stark
and cold until softened with plants and towels. Start with a medium
sized floor plant in the corner.
- Fold a bath towel
in thirds and roll it tightly. Repeat with a hand towel in a different
but coordinating color. Stack them and tie with a sheer organza ribbon.
The gold ribbon matches the bath fixtures.
- Add two more small hand towels.
Dressing Up a Large Towel Bar
- This black and white bathroom has a towel bar that's big
enough for two bath towels. I like to put the darker towel on the bottom
and layer with a lighter hand towel on top. Red gives it a nice punch.
- Tie a sheer red organza ribbon all the way around the towel set.
- Finish with a small green plant.
Wrapping Up Inexpensive Bathroom Decorating Ideas
Using towels in fun and creative ways is one of the best inexpensive
bathroom decorating ideas. When decorating with towels, the following
guidelines will help to ensure a successful and beautiful outcome:
your color scheme simple and consistent with what's already in the
bathroom. Usually one color and a neutral (black, tan, brown) works best.
- Use only clean, new towels.
- Fold towels neat and tight. Make sure to line up the edges.
- Use only fresh, clean ribbon and tie a simple but generous bow.
- Don't overdo it. Step back, take something away, see what "feels" the best. Walk out of the room and do something else for awhile. Come back in with fresh eyes. Did you get a little rush of excitement? That's what you want your buyer to feel.
More Inexpensive Bathroom Decorating Ideas
Let your imagination go. Towels can be tied with feathers, beads,
flowers...the possibilities are endless. Fun ideas, pictures, and decorator secrets in
more inexpensive decorating ideas.
What's Your Favorite Bathroom Towel Idea?
There is no end to great bathroom towel ideas and they're a simple and inexpensive way to create a stunning bathroom. What's your favorite?
Return from Inexpensive Bathroom Decorating Ideas to Home Page
Alex Hinst is a home stager and decorator with hundreds of success stories in both private and investor home renovations.
Alex Hinst Designs is located in Denver's Historic Highlands and is dedicated to helping you create your perfect home.