Kitchen Update and Remodel
A kitchen update and remodel can dramatically change the look and value of your home.
Here are some key points to remember if you're thinking about remodeling your kitchen.
- Find out how much your home is worth, so you don't spend more on your kitchen than you can hope to recover. A
familiar with your neighborhood can help you with this
- Create a consistent
scheme. Choosing cabinets, counters and back-splash that coordinate with each other and the rest of your home will create a fabulous finished product
- Pay attention to
in cabinet finishes, hardware, faucets and lighting for highest resale on your home. Buyers like what's currently popular
- Splurge on one or two items that are highly visible to create a sense of luxury and drama
What Happened in this Kitchen Update and Remodel?
Decorator Insider Secrets on How to Select Kitchen Tile
- Kitchen was gutted and two walls were removed to let in more light, open the kitchen to the
and allow space for a new kitchen island
- Wall color, tile back-splash, and Cambria slab counters were all chosen to coordinate with the cherry finish cabinets:
- Wall color is Benjamin Moore
a Pottery Barn selection for 2011 (this color was used throughout the home for a sense of continuity)
- Cambria color is Hyde Park. It coordinates beautifully with the wall color and with the tile. Cambria is a natural stone surface that has the beauty of granite but is better for the environment because it can be recycled
- Backsplash tile is Iron Brown Porcelain. It has a beautiful metallic finish that picks up both the stainless steel appliances and the rust color in the cabinets
- Decorative trim in the tile is a black glass and stainless steel mosaic. A full backsplash of this tile would be expensive and could become quickly dated, but a two inch trim adds drama and shimmer at an affordable price
- Stainless steel appliances are still popular
- Tile floor was ripped out and new wood floor was matched to the existing floor in the rest of the home
is a skinny pole, a sleek and modern look that perfectly complements the rest of the kitchen
- And the luxury items are:
- Two E-2 Nickel and White 10 inch mini-pendants which create good light and a stunning focal point
- The Delta Grail Series Goose-neck Pull-down
See the step-by-step process of how the tile was selected for this kitchen.
Return from Kitchen Update and Remodel to
Kitchen and Living Room Update and Remodel