Home Decorating and Staging
Insider Secrets to a Beautiful Home
Organizing a Pretty Closet
The first step in organizing a pretty closet is to set your dreamer loose. With no limitations, imagine:
- What kind of closet would you like to have?
- How do you want it to look?
you a "hanger" or a "hider?" That is, do you like things out in the
open where you can see them, or hidden behind doors or drawers?
Now for a reality check.
- How much space do you have?
- How much space do you need?
- Where can you find extra space?
The best closets, regardless of size, have some common features:
- Good light
- Creative storage
- A mirror
- A place to sit down
- A color scheme to pull it all together
Storage Room Reincarnated as a Walk-in Closet
Image Better Homes and Gardens
What used to be a room that was too small for anything but
storage, turned out to be a fabulous dressing closet. And here's what
makes it so special:
- Plenty of light
- Window, for natural light
and fresh air
- Track lighting, to illuminate the shelves and hangers
utterly charming chandelier for overhead lighting
- Lots of storage. Hangars, shelves, drawers and a counter top for lovely perfume bottles
- A pedestal mirror on the counter and don't forget a full length mirror
- A pretty chair
- A beautiful and feminine color scheme that bathes the room in tranquility
When starting a new project. Keep an open mind. We can frequently get very close to what we want by keeping our eyes and options open to the possibilities all around us. Some of the most charming solutions are created out of serious challenges.
If you can't spare this much room in your home, you can do something
just as wonderful with a regular closet, or even no closet. More
creative closet ideas at
Organize a Small Closet.
Helpful tips for getting control of your clothes, shoes and accessories in
Home Organizing Declutter Closets.
Return from Organizing a Pretty Closet to Home Page
Alex Hinst is the author of Home Decorating and Staging and owner of Alex Hinst Designs, located in Denver's Historic Highlands.
Alex Hinst Designs has hundreds of success stories in both private and investor home renovations and is dedicated to helping you create your perfect home.