Sectional Sofa Arrangement
A sectional sofa can be comfortable and very inviting. But these sofas are large, and may be a challenge to work with. Before purchasing one, measure carefully and make sure you have plenty of space to enter the room and walk around in it.
Rearranging the Furniture in a Victorian Living Room
When you walked into the entry of this lovely old Victorian, the first thing you saw was the back of a large sofa. A sofa can frequently be used to visually divide a large room into two separate areas. But in this case, you had to walk around it to get into the living room.
Creating a different furniture arrangement made all the difference in the world.
Living Room Before
Living Room After
What Happened in this Room?
This Gorgeous Home is on the Market
- The sofa was moved out of the entry and placed perpendicular to the wall, dividing the living room from the dining room
- You never want to butt the end of a sofa up against a wall, so we added a small end table with a lamp
- The large matching chair was placed diagonally to the sofa, allowing access to the sunny window
was turned to better fit the floor shape created by the sofa and chair
- The large coffee table was too much for this room, so it was removed
- The ottoman can take the place of the coffee table, or can be moved around as needed
- Finally, we popped the room with room with a touch of
by adding a bunch of red flowers on a tray
- Now you can see the best attributes of this room
- The beautiful antique fireplace and authentic green marble surround
- Lovely hardwood floors
- Large open entry
Newly listed and in one of Denver's hottest neighborhoods, the Highlands. More information at
Return from Sectional Sofa to Arranging Furniture