Simple Bathroom Staging Ideas for an
Outdated Home On a Budget
Here are some simple bathroom staging ideas you can try if you find yourself in a situation where the value of your property has decreased or you can't spend much on staging. Staging your home before going on the market will give you a definite advantage over the competition.
If you're a Do-It-Yourselfer (DIY) and can do a professional looking job, you can increase the value of your home by updating your bathroom. To get the most out of your remodel dollars:
- Let a good
help you determine the value of your home so that you know how much you can afford to invest in remodeling
- Visit some model homes in your area to see what kinds of bathrooms are currently popular with buyers
- Stay focused with a checklist to help you plan your
Always make sure your home and bathroom are clean and in good
Homes in poor condition stay on the market longer. If they do get an offer, they don't pass inspection and you end up having to fix things anyway. Fixing things first is a good investment!
What Happened in this Room?
- This bathroom had pink and green wallpaper. Since the owner couldn't afford to remove it, we had to work with it and make it beautiful
- New soft green towels in a currently popular shade tied with matching organza ribbon neutralize the "sweetness" of the pink (Two Towels: $12 at Wal-Mart; Organza Ribbon: $3.50 at Hobby Lobby)
- Matching new green shower curtain and hooks continue the green theme (Shower curtain: $5.99; Stainless steel ball hooks: $4.99 at Ross)
- Counter is cleared of everything except the mirrored tray which adds sparkle to the spider plant (Plant: $6.99 at Ross)
- A beautiful perfume bottle found hiding in a closet provides a touch of glamour and a nod to the pink
- Blue picture adds nothing to the room and is replaced with two ceramic masks found in another room. Masks contain pink and green and add drama and interest
- Total cost of staging this room: $33.47
Staging Doesn't Have to be Expensive - Key Points to Remember
- Try working with the colors that are already there. Draw attention to the ones that are currently popular and will appeal to more buyers (in this case the green) and minimize those that won't (the pink)
- Scour the home for interesting items that can dress up the counter and add interest to the walls
- Use your imagination, have fun, and keep it simple
Selling a home can be stressful, and trying to sell one that's lost value is discouraging. Preserve as much of your home's value as possible by
it in creative and inexpensive ways.
Making changes like the ones in simple bathroom staging will have a positive impact on the buyer and help them see the beauty and value of your home.
Return from Simple Bathroom Staging to Home Decorating and Staging Home Page